Deadline: 4 February 2021
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader, Democratic Governance in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Team Leader, Democratic Governance will perform the following functions-
- Design and develop programme strategies in the area of Democratic Governance
- Design and formulate programme/ project proposals and initiatives.
- Substantively contribute to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to Democratic Governance.
- Undertake thorough integrated analysis of the political, social and economic situation in the country and collaborative preparation/revision of Common Country Analysis, UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF), UN Women Kenya Strategic Plan (SP), Annual Work Plan, UN joint programmes and other documents.
- Identification of strategic and innovative programme opportunities, approaches and modalities in consultation/cooperation with national stakeholders and development partners.
- Manage the implementation and management of the Democratic Governance programme
- Finalize the annual work plans and budgets and manage their implementation.
- Provide strategic oversight and direction of planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting of the Democratic Governance portfolio, including tracking the use of financial resources in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations.
- Manage the technical implementation of the programme/project.
- Ensure synergies with other teams within UN Women.
- Effective application of Results-Based Management (RBM) tools, monitoring, results-based reporting and evaluation on the achievement of results.
- Effective technical leadership of the DG Programme Team ensuring high-quality outputs, so that regular programme/project reviews are undertaken, and all reporting requirements are met including donor reports.
- Oversee Project Steering Committee, project review and/or evaluation meetings, as needed.
- Manage technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners
- Manage the implementation of technical advice and guidance.
- Build and manage relationships with national partners, both state and non-state actors to support implementation and expansion of the Democratic Governance portfolio.
- Support responding to any potential challenges.
- Identify capacity building needs of partners and oversee the coordination of technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives to partners.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in economics, political sciences, social sciences, gender studies, public policy, international development, public administration, human rights or related field.
- University Degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Project/Programme Management certification would be an added advantage.
- 8 year’s of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience establishing inter-relationships among international/national organizations and national governments.
- Technical experience gender equality, women empowerment and democratic governance.
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset.
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- Knowledge of Kiswahili is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.