Deadline: 16 October 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Specialist (Water, Climate & Urbanization) in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Specialist (Water, Climate & Urbanization) will perform the following functions:
- Support regional programming and provide technical advice and guidance to country offices on increasing access to basic service levels for drinking water.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to country offices on water safety practices.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to country offices on financing and sustainability of water service provision.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to country offices on WASH Climate Resilient Development.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to country offices on Urban WASH.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in a relevant field such as Water Engineering, Environmental engineering, environmental sciences, Civil engineering, or a field related to international WASH programming.
- Minimum 8 year’s relevant professional experience in the United Nations or other international organization, government or the private sector in water supply, climate resilience and Urbanization.
- Experience in working in developing contexts is needed.
- Work experience in Eastern and Southern Africa and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.