Deadline: 6 March 2017
Global Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Compliance Specialist in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Compliance Specialist will help to support the establishment of a culture of compliance within the Fund.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Compliance Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Development and regular review of compliance related policies and procedures, focusing on AML/CFT and other compliance related topics.
- Contribute to the drafting of guidelines and check-lists to help prevent and detect AML/CFT violations.
- Advise and assist operational staff to conduct proper due diligence on relevant counterparties of the Fund.
- Support with the development and performance of Fund-wide trainings.
- Fostering an understanding of international standards on AML/CFT and compliance in general among staff.
- Support the introduction and development of an AML/CFT monitoring system.
- Undertaking other work and tasks as needed.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Law, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Certification in International Compliance Association (ICA), Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS), or similar professional certification would be an advantage.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional work experience, with at least 3 years within a global financial institution or Big 4 Accounting/Consulting firm.
- Track record in AML/CFT, including “KYC” policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Compliance Management Systems including their development.
- Experience in writing policies in/for financial institutions.
- Work experience with AML/CFT monitoring and research systems.
- Involvement with development of compliance trainings materials.
- Experience with Anti-Corruption and Anti-Fraud best practices is an advantage.
- Experience in applying knowledge in diverse international settings and/or different organizations.
- Established reputation for integrity, sound judgement, fairness and discretion.
- Ability to think outside the box when required.
- Fluency in English is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.