Deadline: 17 May 2017
Global Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Project Officer will be responsible for assisting the in the review of concept notes and funding proposals, drafting of relevant climate change policies and other tasks as deemed necessary.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Deliver support in project and programme pipeline development, including initial screening and review of project/ programme funding proposal and concept note, interactions with accredited entity in bilateral Project Officer meetins, preparation of assessment findings, maintenance of the operations database, monitoring of implementation of the approved projects or programme.
- Support task managers in Accredited Entities (AE) interaction and lead the drafting of assessment findings.
- Provide analytical and operational support for the development of policy and guideline document including, inter alia, the Fund’s investment framework, initial proposal approval process, operational guidelines, procedures and toolkit.
- This may include background research, collecting and analyzing data, conducting specific research and analytical work, drafting written reports, engagement through email and phone calls with the Fund consultants and experts, and oversight and coordination of the relevant document internally up to the point of publication.
- Provide organizational and substantive support for the Fund’s Board meetings and other events and meetings related to the functioning of the Fund.
- This may include assisting in the preparation of relevant documentation, taking meeting minutes, preparing summaries of discussion for the Report of the Meeting, and providing support for the drafting of decisions.
- Support any additional analytical and operational tasks as assigned by the Director.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in economics, finance, sustainable development, climate policy, environmental sciences, law, or related fields.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in climate finance or carbon finance experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in developing policy documents, conducting research analysis and articulating findings and recommendations.
- Familiarity of multilateral climate funds, project financing, and UNFCCC framework.
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to articulate complex issues verbally and in writing in a concise manner.
- Strong competence and autonomy in the use of standard software programmes: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.