Human Rights Watch (HRW) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of South Korea Consultant in Seoul, South Korea. The duration of this post is 12 months.
HRW is an independent, international organization that works as part of a vibrant movement to uphold human dignity and advance the cause of human rights for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The South Korea Consultant will perform the following functions-
- Build financial support for the organization by soliciting major gifts from donors in South Korea.
- Partner closely with Asia Division staff on fundraising, outreach, and other efforts to build HRW’s profile in South Korea.
- Evaluate the potential for a Seoul Committee and, if possible, develop committee leadership.
- Research and identify a list of at least 20 new prospective major donors through local contacts and HRW’s global Council network.
- Plan and produce at least four cultivation events, such as researcher briefings, film screenings, and private dinners.
- Work with HRW’s Advocacy, External Relations, and Program Department staff to design and implement South Korea outreach and advocacy strategies in order to advance HRW’s mission with policy makers.
- Serve as key liaison to Seoul Mayor’s office and other South Korean government agencies on issues related to the registration of the office and reporting of office activities to government regulators.
- Create and track donor lists, fundraising and expenses.
- Work in line with the agreed priorities and strategy set by the Development Department, and delivers outputs in a timely manner to meet the goals set by that strategy.
- Monitor progress against milestones and deadlines of all outputs that are within the director’s purview of responsibility.
- Compose a brief report on the progress against these goals and recommendations for necessary next steps to be provided to HRW.
Applicants must have-
- Undergraduate degree in related field is required.
- Advanced degree is highly desirable.
- 5 years of fundraising and other relevant experience is required.
- Fundraising and donor relationship management experience, with proven success in creating and managing fundraising programs is required.
- Experience in planning and coordinating fundraising events is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights and/or international issues and the capacity to master and represent the mission and programs of HRW is essential.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail in order to work collaboratively within HRW as well as with local partners, government officials and external media partners are required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in both Korean and English are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit HRW.