Deadline: 14 May 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Kosovo.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Provide the program with overall strategic vision, leadership, and management, including development systems-based solutions and monitoring, evaluating, and facilitating their increased adoption.
- Serve as the primary liaison to USAID, relevant Kosovar government ministries and agencies, international and local institutions, civil society, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee program administration, implementation, and financial management to ensure program implementation aligns with budget allocations, internal Chemonics policies, and USAID regulations.
- Manage the program consortium, effectively communicating with all project partners, fostering a team spirit, and ensuring the team’s cohesion throughout project implementation.
- Ensure that project assistance is technically sound and appropriate.
- Oversee work planning, performance management, strategic communications, and compliance with contractual obligations.
- Proactively identify problems involving project implementation and make appropriate implementation and programmatic adjustments to meet contractual objectives and results.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced Degree (or foreign equivalent) in a discipline related to public financial management, local governance, anticorruption, institutional reform, or related field.
- Minimum 10 year’s experience in the management and implementation of development projects related to governance, public procurement, and/or public financial management with experience working with the public sector and CSOs.
- Experience in the Balkans or in countries with similar context and legal and business environment challenges.
- Prior experience working in Kosovo strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate supervisory experience.
- Demonstrate ability to interact professionally with a wide range of stakeholders (i.e., host government counterparts, local governments, private sector, NGOs, and other donors) to promote and leverage technical assistance efforts.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English required and Albanian or an applicable local language preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.