Deadline: 1 June 2016
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Advisor in Pristina, Kosovo.
OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Adviser will perform the following functions-
- Acts as a main focal point on program activities related to the interfaith dialogue portfolio, with the final aim to facilitate inter-faith dialogue nationally and internationally as a factor of mutual understanding, committed partnerships and peace-building.
- Advise the Chief of the Section and the management of the Department on inter-faith dialogue relations and presence and engagement issues; monitors developments in inter-faith relations in Kosovo with the specific aim to identify emerging issues on which targeted action is needed.
- Identifies relevant stakeholders for the inter-faith dialogue and maintains regular contact with them, through the establishment of adequate fora as considered appropriate.
- Acts as a main focal point on program activities related to the Inter-faith dialogue portfolio, with the final aim to facilitate inter-faith dialogue nationally and internationally as a factor of mutual understanding, committed partnerships and peace-building.
- Provides programmatic advice and training to OSCE staff in the field on human rights issues as requested.
- Represents the Section in meetings, seminars and/or conferences as considered appropriate.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree in law, human rights or other related fields.
- 6 years of relevant work experience in the area of human rights and/or experience in a coordinating role in a working environment related to human rights.
- Proven experience in monitoring, reporting and/or policy-making in the area of human rights.
- 3 years of experience in working in an international environment.
- 2 years of proven management/supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of local languages.
- Previous experience in OSCE field missions, preferably in the South East European region.
- Professional fluency in the English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OSCE.