Deadline: 4 May 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Economist in Kuwait City, Kuwait.
The Education Economist will report to the Education Practice Manager for the Middle East and North Africa and will work in close collaboration with the Task Team Leader and other members of the Education Team.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Economist will perform the following functions-
- Support the core team to undertake integrated planning, implementation and monitoring of the various components and activities of the Education program in Kuwait. Although not limited to, this would include:
- Review and coordinate implementation plan development and monitor it frequently.
- Liaise with component teams and counterparts to organize missions.
- Undertake review of component-specific mission reports.
- Contribute to reports and mission documents as relevant.
- Lead organization of quality assurance of key products and documents prepared by for the program.
- Monitor task budgets and expenditures.
- Undertake research on relevant topics to add to the knowledge base on Kuwait and on comprehensive education reforms for the region.
- Monitor internal and external communications related to the program.
- Draft (or provide substantial input to)/review operational project documents.
- Lead/organize/participate in meetings with partners and clients.
- Respond to ad-hoc and urgent requests from education GP management and TTL (such as preparing presentations, needed studies, etc.).
- Perform other tasks as needed include developing proposals, preparing new projects, events and conferences.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in economics, education, public policy, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. Experience in working with an international development agency is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to apply these in carrying out complex research and operational tasks, identifying issues, presenting findings/ recommendations and contributing to resolution of sector and country issues; quantitative skills and knowledge of data analysis software (Excel, Stata, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deliver timely and high quality products.
- Capacity to work simultaneously on a variety of issues and tasks, independently adjusting to priorities and achieving results with agreed objectives and deadlines.
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written).
- Working knowledge of Arabic desirable.
- Familiarity with the MENA region is a plus.
- Passion for education and knowledge of education issues.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.