Deadline: 22 November 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection and ADAP Officer in Osh, Kyrgyzstan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Protection and ADAP Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to program development and planning
- Conduct/update situation analysis for the program sector/s for development, design and management of child protection and youth related programs/projects.
- Research and report on development trends and (economic, social, health etc) data for use in program development, management, monitoring, evaluation and delivery of results.
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to discuss operational and implementation issues, provide solutions, recommendations and/or alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decision.
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Conduct regular program field visits and surveys and/or exchange information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support, take appropriate action to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate program implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on child protection.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law or other social science field is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection and youth and/other related areas at the international and/or in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in child protection and youth and related areas, program/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local working language of the duty station is an asset.
- Nationality of Kyrgyzstan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.