Deadline: 5 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Climate Change and DRR Officer in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Climate Change and DRR Officer will perform the following functions:
- Direct implementation support for the CC project:
- Provide overall operational and technical support for the delivery of CC and DRR working in close collaboration with the Regional Office and development partners.
- Programme/project planning, coordination and implementation:
- Support planning, coordination and implementation of all climate change and DRR related projects.
- Effective Management/Delivery of CC and DRR Portfolio:
- Support the achievement of timely and effective management of projects’ delivery focusing on achievement of programme results through.
- Learning, Knowledge Management and Self Development:
- Apply cutting edge thinking, methodologies and lessons learnt from across the world to programmes and projects being implemented in CO and other countries.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 2 year’s relevant professional work experience in the area of climate change and disaster risk reduction, vulnerability mapping, governance, community-based development programmes, or closely related fields.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Work experience in international organizations would be an asset.
- Fluency in English and Russian languages, knowledge of Kyrgyz language of the duty station is an asset.
- Nationality of Kyrgyzstan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.