Deadline: 23 June 2016
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economic Governance Officer in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economic Governance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Assess and report on economic governance issues, in particular those related to northern Kyrgyzstan, including through the drafting of relevant analytical background reports, weekly situational updates, food-for-thought papers and input to the Centre’s regular and thematic reporting.
- Contribute to developing the strategy and necessary resources for the economic governance programme through the Programme Budgeting process.
- Contribute to the development, co-ordination and implementation of economic governance projects, in particular those related to northern Kyrgyzstan.
- Support the Senior Economic and Environmental Officer in ensuring the full implementation of the economic governance programme in compliance with the OSCE’s Common Regulatory Management System (CRMS).
- Ensure all projects in the economic governance programme are adequately monitored, controlled and reported on, particularly those implemented in the north of Kyrgyzstan.
- Assist in arranging OSCE events, inter alia, visits to the area by OSCE delegations as well as other events with OSCE participation.
- Identify local and international stakeholders relevant for the fulfillment of the programme and maintains regular communication with them.
- As requested by the Senior Economic and Environmental Officer, represents the OSCE and the Centre in Bishkek in advocating for the fulfillment of economic and environmental commitments to external audiences.
- Acts as an Alternate Programme Manager when required.
- Supervise the work of one National Senior Programme Assistant.
Applicants must have-
- University education in economics, regional planning and development, environmental studies or related fields or equivalent professional experience in such areas.
- Advanced degree in law, public administration, public policy, international development studies, or related fields or equivalent professional experience in such areas.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience in the fields of law, economics, public policy or public administration.
- Work experience in the fields of economics, business development, regional planning and development or environmental development and protection.
- Experience working with developing or transitional economies.
- Project management experience, including development, implementation and monitoring, preferably of economic and environmental governance project activities.
- Experience in the field of governance (e.g. anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and terrorist financing, and regulatory analysis) and public procurement issues.
- Previous international experience, preferably within operational missions and in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), especially in Central Asia, desirable.
- Work experience with law-enforcement agencies in the field of anti-money laundering and terrorist financing and anti-corruption, desirable.
- Ability to operate windows applications including word processing and e-mail.
- Fluency in English and Russian, both oral and written.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OSCE.