Deadline: 1 July 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Programme Specialist will be responsible for implementation of relevant activities under respective components and will provide support to the project on issues pertaining rule of law, access to justice, human rights, good governance and anti-corruption.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide timely operational and substantive support in developing and implementing the Programme/Project activities as per approved AWPs.
- Support programme and other activities that pertain to rule of law, including but not limited to implementation of adequate legal framework, coordination of anticorruption activities, enhancing access to justice, development of methodologies and financial assessment tools.
- Draft programme documents, work plans and reports required for the purposes of annual planning, resource mobilization, collaboration with partners, reporting to donors etc.
- Provide substantive support to the processes of preparation and launch of the key analytical reports within thematic areas, when and as requested.
- Provide support to UNDP CO Democratic Governance Dimension Staff to strengthen programme expertise on the issues of sustainable development agenda (SDGs, implementation of national strategic documents and etc.), UNDAF, fundraising, data collection and analysis, when and as requested.
- Collect relevant and necessary information that would contribute to effectiveness and efficiency of project implementation.
- Present information on project/programme component activities to relevant institutions and governmental bodies, as well as ensure dissemination to broader public.
- Cooperate and liaise with government stakeholders and other partners to ensure proper coordination, communication and partnership in common development efforts.
- Provide support on innovation strategy/action plan, including support in formulation, design, planning and implementation.
- Support to development of partnerships and network with local innovators, youth organizations, NGOs, private sector, local media and academia to build and provide a space to nurture and test new and innovative ideas and build local capacity.
- Whenever necessary, liaise with the UNDP Istanbul Regional Hub and colleagues from other Cos.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor degree in Law/Economics or other social science.
- 4 years of relevant work experience in the rule of law or methodology development and/ or resource mobilization area at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluency in English and Russian.
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.