Deadline: 14 September 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Specialist in Vientiane, Laos. The duration of this post is 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Health Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Manage on a day-to-day basis the HNP portfolio and policy dialogue with the government and development partners in Laos.
- Coordinate missions and support supervision of projects in the health sector.
- Oversee the work of consultants and technical specialists to ensure consistency and conformity to Bank standards and manages in collaboration with sector agencies and donors.
- Promote the World Bank’s nutrition convergence agenda with the client and partners and facilitate health and nutrition engagement with other sectors and GPs through implementation of ongoing health and nutrition operations.
- Support integration of vertical programs such as immunization, nutrition, TB and HIV into maternal, child and adolescent health programs and primary health care service delivery platforms, while ensuring that it takes place within the broader health system strengthening efforts at all level.
- Provide technical resources, learning and guidance and carry out analytical and operational tasks in the area of public health, including through identification of both policy and programmatic barriers.
- Coordinate closely with other GPs, Country Management, and external partners to advance the Human Capital agenda at the country level.
- Support the government and related stakeholders with hands-on technical and operational assistance on the implementation of all Bank-financed activities.
- Conduct periodic site visits to supervise implementation of ongoing projects and assist with the preparation of new projects.
- Represent the World Bank in Government and donor partner planning and coordination meetings as well as in working groups for the Health, Nutrition and Population sector.
- Support analytical work in health, nutrition and population to support ongoing and new projects and stand-alone tasks.
- Develop, write and disseminate case studies and papers on lessons learned with the governments, Bank staff, and international partners.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline but with health focus (health and nutrition, public health, health economics, public policy, social sciences).
- Ph.D would be an advantage.
- 5 year’s of relevant experience with developing and implementing health projects or programs in Lao PDR or in other relevant setting.
- Ability to translate theoretical concepts into practical approaches for operational work.
- Knowledge and understanding of the project management concepts, as they relate to the implementation of complex, multi-functional projects in varied geographical and economic conditions.
- Ability to support dialogue with high level government officials.
- Ability to produce high-quality results and outputs under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with donor-financed health programs and with the international aid architecture will be an advantage.
- Ability to function within and across diverse teams in operational and analytical work.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English.
- Strong command over Lao language.
- French language skills would be an additional advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.