Deadline: 31 October 2019
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Programme Specialist in Luang Prabhang, Loas. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Programme Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provide input into strategy review and development.
- Lead on the development of SCI PHC technical teams workplans for nutrition, monitor the implementation of SCI health team and government partners annual nutrition workplans.
- Plan and conduct technical nutrition meeting team meetings and provide input into development of donor reports and proposal development.
- Technical support:
- Provide input into the design of nutrition proposals and interventions, support planning and roll out of activities, ensure quality monitoring, supportive supervision and documentation of learning.
- Provide input into and participate in quarterly provincial Project Management Team meetings, program reviews, workshops and technical trainings.
- Participate in report writing pertaining to implementation of nutrition activities, research studies, case studies etc.
- Monitoring and Supervision:
- Provide input into the design of log frames and monitoring indicators for nutrition activities.
- Provide on the job mentoring to government partners and SCI staff for timely utilization of nutrition data for program management decisions.
- Support the government partners and SCI health team to regular document and share lessons learnt at appropriate forums.
- Document learning, conduct nutrition advocacy at local and national level for mother and child nutrition using evidence from field implementation.
- Ensure full participation and fulfillment of responsibilities to share Laos nutrition learning in regional initiatives and in promoting regional collaboration.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s degree in Nutrition or Public Health with nutrition major preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience for design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of community based nutrition programs in development context, including design, implementation and analysis of anthropocentric surveys and Social and Hehviour Change communication approaches.
- Previous experience working in partnership with health ministries, international NGOs/ UN agencies and local stakeholders.
- Experience in adult learning methods, curriculum development ,mentoring, design, implementation and evaluation of capacity building activities.
- Prior experience and knowledge of development and implementation of social behavior change communication strategies.
- Proficiency in quantitative research methods and data analysis software and experience in qualitative methods.
- Proficiency in design and implementation of nutrition and anthroopmetic surveys.
- Proficiency in English and Lao Language including strong report writing skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.