Deadline: 23 November 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Vientiane, Laos. The duration of this post is 6 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Mobilize businesses and private sector partners to increase awareness of role in nutrition.
- Develop fundraising/sustainability strategy for SBN Lao PDR.
- Increase commercial engagement in the nutrition market.
- Support the Nutrition Centre in the roll out of the workforce nutrition programme communications and reporting.
- Carry out other tasks, as required, to support the day-to-day activities of engaging with the private sector on nutrition in Lao PDR..
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, Development Economics, and any other relevant field.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in private sector work.
- Experience in dealing and negotiating with business associations and networks.
- Experience developing various media products, including social media and organizing multi-stakeholder events.
- Solid understanding of private sector engagement, preferably in nutrition, with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques, and processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, persuade, influence, and adapt communication styles to different situations and individuals.
- Knowledge of nutrition issues in developing countries will be an added advantage.
- Advanced Microsoft Office package skills with proven experience.
- Excellent command of English and Lao language is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.