Deadline: 3 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Budget Assistant in Laos.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Budget Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Organizes data and information, prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of programme implementation.
- Supports Deputy Representative in overall programme budget management and monitoring in VISION.
- Generates monitoring reports, for example, to monitor Grant management and utilization, overall Direct Cash Transfer levels, outstanding donor reports, cost distribution, and payroll and recommends action for follow up.
- Prepares data for Country Management Team review and for Regional Office reporting purposes (e.g. for Direct Cash Transfer over 6 months and non-compliance with Management Report targets).
- Maintains office Grants files and ensures correct registration in SAP/VISION.
- Contributes to the preparation of reports, programme documents and correspondence with government by providing information, preparing tables and drafting relatively routine sections.
- Prepares background information for use in discussions with the office, government and other organizations.
- Maintains office files for scheduling and monitoring of Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfer (HACT) activities (micro-assessments, spot checks, schedule audits, programme visits …).
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by qualifications in business administration or accounting.
- 7 years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at least 1 year is closely related to support of programme activities and budget management.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of additional UN languages is an asset.
- Strong skills in the use of Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of SAP, and ability in using Internet, E-mail an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.