Deadline: 8 May 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Legal Operations Administrator in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Associate Legal Operations Administrator will provide analytical and technical support to a range of well-defined operations and administrative activities of the Office of the General Counsel (OGC), including special projects and assignments of the OGC Management Team.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Legal Operations Administrator will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Correspondence and Documentation Production
- Prepare various documentation on ADB policies and procedures and other legal opinions, and correspondences of confidential and sensitive nature.
- Assist in the preparation of various policy papers, briefing notes, speeches and other materials for workshops and seminars.
- Legal Documents and Information Monitoring
- Maintain and update the following databases: document log system, OGC Deskbook, and OGC Legal Information System (LIS), all of which serve as information center for OGC staff.
- Maintain and update legal documents in common drive for Office-wide use and filing systems for confidential documents and makes recommendations to improve such existing systems.
- Manage activities of the respective OGC team, including overall work supervision of legal operations assistants within the team concerned, and the day-to-day processing and administration of assignments and special projects.
- Track the flow of documents for action in the respective team with the use of database for effective monitoring of deadlines.
- Project Processing and Administration
- Assist in drafting and facilitation of documents for loans, guarantees and technical assistance (TA) projects, undertaking preliminary review of legal opinions against precedents, requests for amortization schedules, minutes of loan negotiations, co-financing and cooperation agreements, and other ADB-generated project documents, ensuring consistency with any applicable model documents;
- Institutional and Administrative
- Assist in the preparation of documentation for pleadings before the ADB Administrative Tribunal (ADBAT) and ensures that the Rules of Procedures are followed.
- Coordinate with the office of the Administrative Tribunal for the timely submission of pleadings.
- Prepare documentation and technical support related to ADB’s investment transactions and treasury services, and reviews various agreements and legal representation letters to external auditors.
- Develop and maintain databases for monitoring records and documents relating to transactions on financing partnerships undertaken by ADB.
- Research and Other Duties
- Assist an OGC Management team member in gathering information from books, documents and other publication from various sources, including the Main Library, Law Library, and the Internet, as legal and/or background materials for project and non-project matters.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, management, accounting, law or other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years working experience in a relevant field.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.