Deadline: 5 June 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business and Human Rights Officer in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business and Human Rights Officer will perform the following functions-
- Ensure effective programme implementation at the national level, including:
- Coordinate annual work plan development and implementation according to project document.
- Ensure project meets expectations as specified in project document, and update CO management and B+HR Unit at Bangkok Regional Hub as required.
- Gather inputs and coordinate the preparation of work-plans, periodic narrative progress reports and expenditures status reports.
- Establish systems for project planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Record and maintain documents on relevant project activities, issues, and risks.
- Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring and reporting on activities from the planning to the evaluation stages.
- Conduct awareness-raising, capacity building and advocacy activities, including:
- Draft reports or conducting quality control over reports, highlighting key issues, trends, emerging opportunities, risks, potential project partners, and entry-points for the country.
- Conduct consultations at national level with CSOs, business and government.
- Design and implement training, campaigning, and advocacy efforts as necessary.
- Develop partnerships with the UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector firms and civil society organizations in the specific thematic areas based on the strategic goals of UNDP Country Offices, country needs and donors’ priorities.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Political Science, Public Policy, International Development, other Social Sciences, or closely related fields.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant experience with Master’s Degree (or 4 year’s with Bachelor’s Degree) in programme and policy work preferably in human rights, land rights or Responsible Business fields.
- Familiarity with the UNGPs and any experience working on Business and Human Rights matters is an asset.
- Experience working with governments, business and civil society in Myanmar on human rights issues is an asset.
- Fluency in both Myanmar and English is essential, both written and oral.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.