Deadline: 31 May 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Community Liaison in Nuwakot, Nepal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Community Liaison will expect to establish and maintain a solid and transparent network of contacts within the different stakeholders in Nuwakot.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Community Liaison will perform the following functions:
- Develop Strong Community Relationships:
- Establish and maintain relations and networks.
- Liaise with local authorities and community heads identified in the community.
- Liaise with municipality coordination efforts and activities in the field.
- Hold and keep track of regular meetings with all project government level stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot any possible issues within the community and work towards a productive and satisfactory solution.
- Serve as a liaison between the district level government’s reconstruction agencies and the project:
- Serve as focal point for transmission of information (communication) to the different actors working in the area (local governments, NGO’s, local community groups, implementation partner, etc).
- Assist in the logistics for assignments with key stakeholders, staffs, and project/UNOPS.
- Assist the coordination and support monitoring/field visits as per the request from project/UNOPS.
- Project meetings:
- Assist the coordination and support in organizing team meetings in the field (including local logistics).
- Support in preparation of area progress reports on scheduled date and time.
- Organize in coordination with other community mobilization staff, facilitate and supervise the implementation of community mobilization activities within the assigned areas of intervention.
Applicants must have-
- Intermediate or Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Management, Social Science or related field.
- University Degree in Communications.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience specifically in liaison with communities and different levels of governments.
- Experience in field work is required.
- Availability to be stationed in remote areas is required.
- Being solution focused is essential.
- Honesty and transparency are essential traits.
- Proficiency in English and Nepali is required.
- Good writing skills in English and Nepali.
- Nationality of Nepal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.