Deadline: 1 November 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Coordinator (ACSD) in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Coordinator of the Africa Centre for Sustainable Development (ACSD) will manage the center’s day-to-day operations by leading and supervising the successful implementation of the ACSD workplan.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Coordinator (ACSD) will perform the following functions-
- Provide leadership and conceptual input related to the development of the Africa Centre for Sustainable Development.
- Provide the required secretariat services for the effective functioning of the African Advisory Board.
- Seek further resources for the center for long-term sustainability.
- Engage with funding partners, especially of the G7, to contribute to the functioning and results of the ACSD.
- Participate in the selection process of the staff.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of all Professional and General Service staff working in the ACSD.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree in international relations, law, natural or social sciences related to natural resources management and sustainable development.
- 10 years of relevant work experience related to sustainable development and natural resource management.
- Knowledge on and experience with project preparation up to the point of bankable business plans preferably within the Climate Change arena (e.g. GEF; Global Climate Fund).
- Working experience with UN interagency cooperation.
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge French and Italian desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.