Deadline: 12 March 2017
International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Director in Yangon, Myanmar.
IDLO empowers people and enables governments to reform laws and institutions that promote peace, justice, social development and sustainable economic growth.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Director will perform the following functions-
- Lead the overall management of the Program, including substantive and administrative matters, to ensure an effective, efficient and timely delivery of activities and results.
- Oversee the implementation of the Program’s work plan, analyze and anticipate delays and challenges, proposing adjustments as required.
- Supervise and mentor nationally and internationally recruited personnel.
- Perform representational role and function as directed by the Director General and adequately represent IDLO at relevant meetings/fora.
- Provide technical support and supervision to ensure compliance with IDLO’s high quality standards throughout the implementation of the Program’s activities.
- Timely submit monthly reports outlining progress made towards the achievement of objectives to the IDLO Director, Programs.
- Oversee the local financial management of the program, review the Program’s financial reporting and lead the development of the Program’s budget forecasts.
- Liaise – for coordination and cooperation purposes – with donor representatives as well as with other national and international stakeholders involved in justice sector reform and access to justice initiatives in Myanmar.
- Identify new program opportunities and develop project proposals for funding (including performance indicators, monitoring and evaluation frameworks, work-plans and budgets).
- Maintain relationships with the counterparts and the local partners/stakeholders.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Law, International Relations, Development Studies or other relevant field is required.
- Master’s degree in a related field is highly desirable.
- Minimum 10 to 12 years of progressgively responsible experience in the international development sector in the areas of: Human rights, Governance, Constitutional development, or Justice sector reform, including the development, implementation and monitoring of capacity building programs.
- Demontrated experience in management role and proven track record in program management and program administration.
- Experience in (justice sector) capacity building programs in countries in transition, building the capacity of a broad range of national actors.
- Experience in institution building as well as in empowering civil society is important.
- Experience working in Myanmar and the ASEAN region is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter via the given website.
For more information, please download the PDF IDLO.