Deadline: 16 June 2023
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Data Protection Specialist in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 6 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Data Protection Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Data governance framework: Lead the design of an action plan for establishing operational data governance framework for the FAO Office of Evaluation, based on the assessment of the current state of data protection and compliance with FAO Data Protection Policy.
- Develop initial drafts of required operational policies, standards, procedures, guidelines and templates defining clear ownership, accountability, and oversight of data management practices.
- Data protection: Lead the development of data protection systems, data inventories, privacy procedures, privacy risk assessments, and other data protection tools and processes to operationalize the Data Protection Policy, including data sharing agreements and consent forms, and in consultation with the FAO Data protection Unit. Ensure the highest standards of data security by designing and implementing adequate policies and procedures as well as robust access control measures, encryption, and other security protocols to protect against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, theft, or loss of OED data.
- Data quality monitoring: Develop procedures for regular monitoring and assessment of OED data to ensure its high quality (including accuracy, completeness, and consistency); this will include procedures to verify and validate data.
- Collaborate with OED focal points and other stakeholders to identify data requirements, data sources, and data quality issues.
- Data management: Establish an approach to maintain data management systems and databases, including required backups and security protocols, to ensure the security and availability of OED’s data.
- Staff training: Develop and deliver training to OED staff and consultants on compliance with the Data Protection Policy and related procedures, the use of related tools and templates, data management and data quality assurance best practices.
- Liaise with the Data Protection Unit (DPU) and other relevant units in developing data protection operational procedures and guidance in the context of OED activities.
- As required, perform other functions related to data management and protection.
Applicant must have:
- University degree in a relevant discipline (such as, but not limited to, law, information science, business, public administration, records and information management, computer science, information systems, information technology);
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- For PSA, working knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.