Deadline: 9 March 2017
Global Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy General Counsel in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Deputy General Counsel will be responsible for legal support to all funding, accreditation and readiness support operations of the Fund.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy General Counsel will perform the following functions-
- Manage the operational legal team and the preparation of all legal documents relating to the Fund’s mitigation and adaption operations, both in the public and private sector, as well as all readiness and preparatory support operations.
- Provide legal support to other divisions on matters relating to the Fund’s operations.
- Conduct due diligence in connection with the Fund’s operations, review due diligence reports submitted by the Fund’s accredited entities, assess and prepare legal opinions.
- Keep abreast of developments in the legal field especially in relation to multilateral finance and climate change law which might affect the Fund and prepare reports on relevant issues.
- Assist in developing internal controls and procedures for the various activities of the Fund.
- Assist in drafting and negotiating readiness grant agreements.
- Assist in developing legal arrangements with accredited entities and other counterparties of the Fund.
- Assist in reviewing funding proposals and concept notes submitted by accredited entities.
Applicants must have-
- Juris Doctor, LLB, or equivalent law degree; qualification to practice law in at least one jurisdiction (additional LLM degree a plus).
- Minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience, of which at least 8 years at an international level.
- Strong professional knowledge of and relevant practitioner experience in project finance, preferably with experience in climate change.
- Experience in, or working with, developing countries.
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.