Deadline: 28 May 2016
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Athens, Greece. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Project Manager will oversee the management of the ECHO –funded Greece response project.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Covers child protection, nutrition, health and education programming, undertaken through both direct and indirect implementation.
- Ensuring that all ECHO contractual obligations, including financial and narrative reporting, are met at all stages of the award cycle, that the project objectives are met and that donor regulations are followed.
- Coordinate the planning and monitoring and delivery of the ECHO project activities with the Operations Team.
- Support coordination between Area offices, ensuring effective budget and programme monitoring and that any modifications are in line with the project objectives and ECHO regulations.
- Ensures consistent, regular and high quality communication with donor representatives and SCUK as the Member holding contractual responsibility for the grant, along with the SMT in country.
Applicants must have-
- Degree or post-graduate qualification ideally with a specialization in development, humanitarian aid, international law, social sciences or another relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding project management and coordination skills.
- 3 years international professional experience in Project Cycle Management/coordination.
- Familiarity and ideally 1 year’s experience with proposal writing, logical framework development, donor compliance and donor reporting for ECHO.
- Proven experience of managing relationships in complex organizations with numerous stakeholders in different locations.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills in English.
- Greek, Arabic or Farsi language skills.
- IT skills, especially in Word and Excel with ability to analyze data and interpret statistical information.
- Previous experience in donor reporting particularly to ECHO.
- Previous experience in developed country contexts.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and covering letter as a single document, including their salary expectations in English through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.