Deadline: 17 July 2017
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Specialist in Angola. The duration of this post is 6 months.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Emergency Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical assistance to programme sections to respond to new and chronic humanitarian situations.
- Work with programme sections on establishing realistic and consistent definitions for target beneficiaries, beneficiaries reached, and cost per beneficiary to support better results-based reporting and Humanitarian Performance Monitoring, linked to Country Programme Action Plan (CPAP) indicators and monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Support the Emergency focal point in the Early Warning Early Action system updating.
- Coordinate with other UN agencies and partners to support efforts in response to the emergency, and integrate UNICEF activities into the overall response.
- Participate in interagency evaluation missions and determination of priority interventions as required.
- Ensure that timely information on progress and results is available by compiling, organizing, analyzing and preparing data for the Situation Reports; support on standardization of information and situation analysis of women and children in emergencies.
- Ensure that data collected at the field level is in accordance with reporting requirements.
- Roll out UNICEF’s new guidance on preparedness through establishing the Emergency Preparedness Platform for the Angola country Office.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have –
- University degree in social sciences, law or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years professional work experience, with progressively greater management responsibilities in emergency and rehabilitation programmes at national and international levels, particularly working in emergency response to cholera outbreaks and refugee influx, with significant emphasis on analysis and advice on the needs of children and women affected by emergencies.
- Direct field experience in emergency programme planning, management and coordination required.
- Fluency in English and ability to communicate in Portuguese/Spanish/French/Italian.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.