Deadline: 9 October 2016
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Ethics Officer in Paris, France.
The Ethics Officer will contribute to the success of the programs and implementation of policies from the Ethics Office.
UNESCO strives to build networks among nations that enable this kind of solidarity, by: mobilizing for education: so that every child, boy or girl, has access to quality education as a fundamental human right and as a prerequisite for human development.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Ethics Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of the Ethics Programme and policies originating from the Office.
- Promote ethical standards within the Organization at Headquarters and in the Field;
- Provide advice and guidance to staff on professional ethical standards and issues on specific policy, financial disclosure and protection against retaliation.
- Draft content for the website and promotional documents for stakeholders.
- Develop, amend and enhance the training materials on ethics related matters, deliver regular trainings and monitor attendance and feedback to integrate into the training cycle.
- Support the Ethics Advisor in the further development and implementation of the financial disclosure policy.
- Draft reports on the activities of the Ethics Programme for the Director-General, the Executive Board and the General Conference.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master or equivalent degree) in the field of law, public or business administration, human resources or labour relations; a first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible professional experience, of which 2 acquired at the international level, in the field of ethics and/or accountability and compliance frameworks, legal, human resources management or related fields.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNESCO.