Deadline: 7 April 2017
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programmes in Antakya, Turkey. The duration of this post is 12 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Programmes will perform the following functions-
- Provide inputs whenever strategic programmatic decisions are to be made.
- Develop the DRC Turkey Programme Strategy.
- Participate to the finalisation of the DRC strategic documents like the Country SPD.
- Participate in the annual review facilitation and preparation of the program component.
- Provide strategic leadership for the projects in the area of responsibility, providing support for the current activities while keeping an eye into new areas of development using the PCM.
- Plan, coordinate and follow up the activities included in the programme portfolio.
- Ensure that the overall and specific objectives agreed on with donors are achieved.
- Support the development and drafting of new projects.
- Launch new projects and ensure smooth handover to project managers when recruited.
- Identify new partnership, develop and implement staff and partners’ capacity building plans.
- Support and provide regular feedback to project managers, consultants and seconded staff in the implementation of their activities/tasks.
- Ensure that recruitment of any new programme staff is done in transparent and fair manner, according to DRC guidelines.
- Define programme staff training needs, and make efforts to ensure those needs are met.
- Organise and implement the internal/external training sessions for the field staff.
Applicants must have-
- University degree with development studies, international humanitarian law, humanitarian or human rights studies, sociology, psychology, protection, or other related field.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional humanitarian experience with an international humanitarian aid organization, in complex emergencies, with exposure to targeted assistance, protection and/or community services programming.
- At least 4 to 5 years in a managerial position (strong managerial skills required).
- Experience working as an expatriate in multiple contexts.
- Extensive practical experience working with all steps of the project cycle management (needs assessments, proposal writing and development, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluating).
- Substantial experience working and coordinating with international NGO’s in humanitarian sector.
- Solid experience with managing an office, and managing/capacity building both national and expatriate staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and team and external relation.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken are essential, and working knowledge of Arabic and/or Turkish is a strong advantage.
- Previous DRC experience is a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with EU-ECHO, DFID, UNHCR and US donor guidelines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.