Deadline: 16 August 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Housing Land and Property Coordinator in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Housing Land and Property Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate, manage and implement HLP projects (activities and project documentation) as delegated by PDM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality of performance.
- Contribute to HLP strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection; explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Line management of HLP project staff and ensure capacity building of project staff.
- Ensuring effective implementation of ICLA activities relating to HLP rights.
- Provide strategic and technical advice in the development and implementation of the HLP section of the ICLA Strategy and macro-log frame.
- Support the establishment of an HLP team.
- Conduct legal analysis of HLP issues in Cox’s Bazar to inform information provided and guide counselling sessions with beneficiaries.
- Contribute to the development of a contextual Collaborative Dispute Resolution (CDR) programming based on the NRC Global CDR Handbook to address HLP disputes between refugees and host communities.
- Coordinate with NRC Shelter project staff in relation to planning and implementation of programme interventions.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3+ year’s experience from working with HLP or similar project implementation position in an NGO/development context.
- Fluency in English and Bengali, both written and verbal.
- Education background LL.B from a University recognised by the Bar Standards Board.
- At least 2 year’s of proven expertise on HLP rights with strong knowledge on housing and land laws, procedures, practices and advocacy in Bangladesh.
- Extensive experience working in the field with displaced and/or vulnerable groups and communities and government authorities.
- Oral proficiency in Chittagonian and/or Rohingya desirable.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.