Deadline: 20 April 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Information, Counselling & Legal Assistance (ICLA) Officer in Kabul, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 9 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The ICLA Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Provide free legal information, counselling and assistance to Returnees and IDPs consistent with the Relevant laws and procedures, including timely and appropriate follow-up, loading appeals etc.
- Remain updated on current legislation and legal developments in Afghanistan.
- Accurately register cases in the electronic database.
- Maintain and update hard copy files of documents and pleadings in individual cases.
- Participate in mobile teams, when scheduled.
- Bring legal problems of clients to the attention of relevant departments.
- Represent NRC in national and internal meetings, when requested.
- At all-time respect the anonymity of clients approaching NRC and the confidentiality of information received from any clients.
- Provide legal counselling to clients and represent them in courts, at attorney departments and other relevant departments.
- In coordination with the ICLA Coordinator, support the provision of legal assistance services in complex legal cases.
- Regularly visit returnee and IDP communities as well as Encashment Centre to provide information/counselling on rights awareness and durable solutions to displaced persons; disseminate information about NRC’s mandate.
- Liaise with governmental, non-governmental organizations and UN agencies to establish and maintain networks for referrals.
- Collect and record information about socio-economic, security and general conditions within the ILAC’s AOR for returnees and IDPs.
- Conduct assessments as required.
- Identify problems facing returnees both before and after return, and record the experiences of returnees.
- Participate in NRC staff seminars and training, when scheduled.
- Represent NRC in national and international meetings, when requested and promote exchange of information with relevant external actors.
Applicants must have:
- University degree from faculty of law or Sharia.
- 3 -5 year’s Work experience in the field of law.
- Preferably experience in working with clients.
- Work experience from national or international organizations (Experience with returnees/IDPs issues is an asset).
- Fluency Dari and Pashto Language.
- Familiarity with NRC’s work in the region is an asset.
- Work experience with refugees and IDPs.
- Familiarity with humanitarian’s work.
- Good Level of English (oral and written).
- Computer literate (MS Office).
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.