Deadline: 21 January 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of ICLA Technical Assistant in Kabul, Afghanistan.
The purpose of the ICLA Technical Assistant position is day to day implementation of NRC’s information, counselling and legal assistance (ICLA) program, support refugee and IDP men and women to claim their rights.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The ICLA Technical Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide legal information, counseling and assistance to displaced affected people in accordance with the Relevant laws and procedures, including timely and appropriate follow-up, referring loading appeals etc.
- Remain updated on current legislation and legal developments in Afghanistan.
- Identify and select beneficiaries, collecting relevant documents (copies of claim files, customary or title deeds, client request from NRC, NRC contract with client, VRF or village leader certification or any other relevant documents)
- Bring legal problems of clients to the attention of relevant departments and/or represent clients before Justice and Judicial offices;
- Follow up of legal cases on a bi-weekly basis, writing case history, daily actions, and legal problem forms.
- Accurately register cases in the electronic database within the month. Registered new cases with relevant documents and data should be recorded in database.
- Solved, referred, closed unsolved cases should be report to database accordingly and accurately.
- Arrange and conduct community sensitization on HLP, LCD and essential documents.
- Relevant documents should be collected within the same months of registration as well as case histories, actions should be written on a daily basis, and case closing sheets maximum by middle of next month.
- Maintain and update hard and soft copy files of documents and pleadings in individual cases in accordance of NRC soft and hard filling system.
- Prepare weekly plan, weekly report, monthly report, tentative mission plan or any other report if required.
- At all-time respect the anonymity of clients approaching NRC and the confidentiality of information received from any clients.
- Report any issue/concern to immediate superior if required. (report will remain confidential).
- Work closely with the Information section in referral of information cases.
- Any other reasonable task as instructed by immediate superior.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University degree from faculty of law or Sharia, or at less Legal knowledge.
- 2-3 year’s Work experience in the field of law.
- Preferably experience in working with clients.
- Work experience from national or international organizations (Experience with returnees/IDPs issues is an asset).
- Fluency Dari and Pashto Language.
- Good English.
- Familiarity with NRC’s work in the region is an asset.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.