Deadline: 27 May 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Specialist in Kabul, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 18 months.
The ICLA Specialist is responsible for the technical development of the ICLA programmes, provide ICLA strategic direction and ensure the quality of the ICLA programme in Afghanistan.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The ICLA Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Responsible to coordinate enactment of the 2019 ICLA Strategy.
- Accountable for technical compliance and adherence to NRC policies, ICLA tools, international standards, handbooks and other guidelines.
- Responsible for country-level project cycle management processes from monitoring, progress reviews, and quality management of all ongoing ICLA projects.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within ICLA, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from ICLA implementation, and incorporate them in ICLA and staff development processes.
- Contribute to cross-border programme development with NRC Iran.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
Applicants must have:
- Good track record of overseeing project implementation and managing big teams in matrix.
- Minimum 3 years experience working at the senior level on access to justice/legal aid, ideally in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Holds a Law degree and/or relevant.
- Master’s degree and has experience working in complex and insecure contexts.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the Afghanistan context will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.