Deadline: 8 December 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Junior Professional Officer (JPO) – Rule of law in Bamako, Mali. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Junior Professional Officer (JPO) – Rule of law will perform the following functions-
- Programme Management and Implementation
- Assist the RoL Senior adviser to oversee and manage governance, rule of law and access to justice programmes including contributing to its strategic orientation.
- Assist the RoL Senior adviser to coordinate and establish effective working relations with the Government of Mali, Civil Society organizations, academic institutions, UN agencies and entities and donors/development partners.
- Support rule of law programming under the Global Focal Point for justice, police and corrections arrangements, including advancement of joint delivery of rule of law assistance among UN partners as well as with national and international partners.
- Provide support in advancing thematic coordination including by identifying programmatic entry points any by ensuring consistency and complementary in relation of other UNDP programmes.
- Ensure the integration of cross-cutting issues into the design, implementation and monition and evaluation of all programme activities.
- Policy Advice and Technical Assistance
- Provide policy advice and technical assistance to justice and law enforcement institutions on an ongoing and demand driven basis.
- Help strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Justice to coordinate and lead the process of justice sector reform and development, including strengthening the capacities of the Ministry to carry-out consultations with different actors and stakeholders and to conduct public awareness campaigns regarding rule of law and justice reform.
- Facilitate change management processes, including by providing high-quality advice based on international best practices and lessons learned.
- Train and support relevant justice sector personnel in organizational development methods and tools.
- Support the development of a comprehensive M&E framework to measure the performance of judicial institution, the Ministry of Justice.
- Perform any other duties and required by the RoL Senior adviser and/or UNDP senior management.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University degree at Master’s level in Law, Political Science, or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years (with maximum of 4 years) of progressive experience in programme management.
- Minimum 2 years (with maximum of 4 years) of progressive experience in rule of law, human rights and justice sector reform or related issues.
- Experience of working in conflict/post conflict settings constitutes a major advantage.
- Legal background a strong asset
- Good planning, facilitation, communication skills with an ability to transfer knowledge and skills in complex institutional environment
- Proven ability to work effectively with people at all levels of an organization, maximizing coordination and cooperation.
- Sound analytical skills in political, legal, social, cultural and other relevant issues.
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English, with excellent drafting skills in both languages necessary.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.