Deadline: 28 November 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Legal Advisor in Copenhagen, Denmark.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Legal Advisor will be responsible for ensuring that timely legal advice is provided, which focuses on providing solutions, to Integrated Practice Advice and Support (IPAS) Legal’s clients.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Legal Advisor will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Advice on operational matters:
- Review new engagements and engagement amendments, with a focus on identifying risks and opportunities in close collaboration with other IPAS reviewers.
- Review of project agreements with various funding sources; as well as in the review and negotiation of contracts and grant agreements with recipients of UNOPS funds.
- Support the implementation of UNOPS standards and coordinate and review audit responses. Follow-up on the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Cross-functional integration and process efficiency improvements:
- Contribute to cross-functional initiatives through the provision of high quality advice to ensure that internal policies, processes and systems are aligned with the overall regulatory framework, practical, relevant and add value to organizational operations.
- Support the development and improvement of UNOPS regulatory framework.
- Product/Process-Efficiency Improvement:
- Address client feedback/suggestions, as well as recurrent challenges and make suggestions for long-term solutions through policy/process change.
- Contribute to the enhancement of policy developments.
- Recommend solutions and process efficiency initiatives.
- Contribute as a practice specialist to the development and maintenance of corporate systems and tools.
- Team Management:
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective recruitment, work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
- Build and maintain an active body of legal knowledge:
- Contribute actively to legal knowledge and information management within the team and across the organisation, packaged in appropriate formats that can be easily communicated with the implementation offices.
- Keep abreast of external legal developments and best practices.
- Provide regular feedback to internal clients on legal issues, risks and possible areas of improvement.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent) in law, or a closely related area is required.
- A first-level university degree in law (Bachelor’s or equivalent) from an accredited university in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Admission to practice law in any national jurisdiction is required.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in law is required (with an advanced university degree).
- At least 1 year experience in the application of regulations and rules, policies, procedures and decision-making processes of an international organization is required.
- Experience analysing legal issues and conducting legal research in support of a legal office/government agency/international organization is required.
- Experience in working with the status and the privileges and immunities of international organizations is desirable.
- Experience in negotiation and dispute resolution is desirable.
- Field experience is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of operational processes is essential.
- Experience with more than one management practice is desirable.
- Supervisory experience is an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and is required, French fluency is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.