Deadline: 16 September 2018
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Legal Field Officer in Tyre, Lebanon.
The Legal Field Officer is responsible for providing legal aid to persons affected by the Syrian refugee crisis in Lebanon and assisting in developing ICLA’s understanding of the legal situation and legal challenges faced by Syrian refugees in the North Lebanon, particularly on issues related to civil documentation, legal status and Housing, Land and Property (HLP) rights.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Legal Field Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Deliver internal and external capacity building.
- Coordinate with relevant internal and external stakeholders, including local community.
- Monitor and evaluate programmatic outputs and outcomes.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in law (preferably at master’s level).
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in legal aid, including complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience of working with refugees/ NGOs an advantage.
- Knowledge of civil documentation, legal status and housing rights in Lebanon (based on domestic and international frameworks) is a must.
- Refugee Protection knowledge and experience highly desired.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in MS office applications.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.