Deadline: 6 January 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Legal Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Legal Officer will be responsible to provide legal and analytical support to counsel in the processing and administration of sovereign and technical assistance (TA) operations, and other legal matters, as may be directed.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Legal Officer will perform the following functions-
- Project Processing and Administration
- Provide support and assistance to counsel in preparing draft documents and advising on legal aspects relating to sovereign and TA operations, both for project preparation and administration.
- Assist counsel in the processing of sovereign operations, reviewing all legal aspects of the project, including conducting legal due diligence and preparing legal documentation consistent with ADB’s internal law, lending and other operational policies.
- Obtain and review legal documents and administration matters, including legislation that may affect the project; and identifies legal issues that may arise from project design, including issues related to environmental and social safeguards.
- Provide support to counsel in the review of concept papers, Report and Recommendation of the President (RRPs), legal opinions and other documents. Assesses any legal issues/risks that may be involved or that needs to be factored in designing the project.
- Contribute to the development of law and policy reform (LPR) proposals and solutions, and identifies LPR issues.
- Legal Research and Support
- Carry out research work on legal precedents in ADB, including supporting the formulation of legal views on sovereign project-related issues. Helps counsel in conducting research on legal and policy matters.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned on project specific matters as directed by the Supervisor.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Law, or its equivalent work experience, in particular in a multilateral financial institution, and preferably with advanced training.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Familiar with project documentation and conducting legal due diligence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Excellent analytical skills; attention to details; ability to concentrate.
- Ability to manage time to handle heavy workloads involving multiple projects.
- Ability to work with a multilateral institution’s Legal Department’s lawyers as well as staff from other Departments.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.