Deadline: 12 May 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Legal Officer, Justice and Legal Empowerment Programme in Hanoi, Viet Nam. The duation of this post is 1 year.
The Legal Officer, Justice and Legal Empowerment Programme is responsible for providing technical implementation of the PAGoDA’s within the area of justice empowerment.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Legal Officer, Justice and Legal Empowerment Programme will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure effective implementation of PAGoDA’s component within the thematic area of justice empowerment focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation achieving the following results:
- Ongoing analysis and research of the political, legal and social situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to research and other documents produced on the thematic areas assigned
- Design and formulation of the Programme activities within the area of responsibility, translating the Programme’s priorities and Programme description into interventions.
- Identification of areas for support and interventions within the thematic/sectoral areas assigned.
- Ensure creation of strategic partnerships in cooperation with the management support and Governance & Participation Team focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development of partnerships with government institutions, relevant donors, UN agencies, private sector, civil society active in the specific thematic areas based on the Programme description.
- Analysis and research of information on partners, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new interventions, active contribution to the overall office effort in partnership building.
- Ensure provision of top quality policy advice services to the Government, facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide technical and substantive support to the delivery of high quality and measurable PAoDA’s component results by monitoring and reporting results achieved in the implementation of the thematic areas assigned
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Development of policies and institutions that will address the country problems and needs in collaboration with the Government and other strategic partners. Active contribution to UNDP/UN advocacy on SDGs and governance.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree or advanced study in law.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing policy research/advisory/advocacy services and programme management including partnership building in the area of law; experience in criminal justice is an asset/advantage.
- First-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience in the area of criminal justice may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation and management of development projects; sound knowledge of international best practices, national policies, legal and institutional frameworks in the area of law.
- Good analytical, conceptualization and communication skills; ability to work as team member in a multicultural environment.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Vietnamese, including excellent drafting skills.
- Nationality of Viet Nam.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.