Deadline: 24 November2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Legal Officer in Rome, Italy.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Legal Officer will perform the following functions-
- Draft and negotiate contracts.
- Provide advice on liability exposure and risk mitigation; participate in negotiations and settlement of claims and disputes with public and private entities.
- Undertake legal research and analysis and prepare legal opinions, studies, briefs, reports and complex correspondence.
- Contribute to developing new legal modalities within the framework of WFP’s normative guidelines; in particular, the incumbent will participate, in a multi-disciplinary context, in the development of cash-based solutions, an expanding component of WFP’s food-assistance response.
- Assist in servicing standing boards, committees, working groups and task forces.
- Contribute to building productive partnerships with other Legal Offices across UN system.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Other as required.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in Law, or First University degree in Law with additional relevant experience and training.
- Must be qualified to practice law or admitted to practice law by a recognized national or state bar or law society or have equivalent experience of legal practice.
- At least 5 years of relevant progressively responsible experience as a lawyer in a law firm or in a private-sector legal department with international exposure or in an international organisation in the area of contract and commercial law.
- Experience in financial transactions, public and private international law would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.