Deadline: 29 May 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Legal Operations Assistant in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Legal Operations Assistant will assist in the day-to-day administrative and operational requirements of OGC by performing a range of administrative duties.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Legal Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Assist in preparing various documents, e.g. Administrative Tribunal submissions, Board papers, Appeals Committee papers, review of Administrative Cases, interpretation of ADB policies and procedures, Administrative Orders and Circulars, Asian Development Fund papers, loan documents, ADB Borrowings/Swap transactions, and routine correspondence, back-to-office reports and effectiveness letters for public/private sector loans.
- Assist in drafting loan documents i.e. providing templates, formatting, editing, proof-reading and fine-tuning; requests for amortization schedules and minutes of loan negotiations.
- Monitor status of project processing, administrative/tribunal review cases and documentation for ADB borrowings.
- Assist in the consolidation of conditions precedent documents prior to drawdown/disbursement of private sector projects, preparation of ADB-generated project documents.
- Maintain updated filing system. Selects and uploads memoranda and signed loan documents into the OGC Legal Information System (LIS) database, minutes of lawyers’ meetings into the OGC Intranet and Law, Policy and Reform (LPR) technical assistance (TA) into the LJD database and Resource Center.
- Monitor incoming documents and e-mails for action or reassignment (in the absence of the responsible counsel) and updates counsel’s schedule of mission/leave for the OGC Deskbook.
- Assist in processing/administration of LPR projects, preparation of TA Board papers/other documents; preparing correspondence with Government and consultants; taking minutes of SRC meetings; preparing contract variations; liaising with consultants on various aspects of contract administration; handling of files/other documents; and making arrangements for TA missions.
- Provide overall assistance in LPR activities, in administrative arrangements for OGC-sponsored seminars; producing LPR publications from consultants’ reports; gathering information on domestic and international private/public institutions; maintaining/updating mailing lists; and mailing LPR publications.
- Assist newly hired and/or temporary assistants on application/interpretation of office systems/procedures, guidelines and formats.
- Act as temporary assistant to other International Staff when necessary.
- Assist counsels in preparation of budgetary allocations.
- Prepare/generate leave status reports/monthly work status reports of counsels for submission to the General Counsel.
- Assist in gathering information from books, documents and other publications from various sources, the Main Library and the Internet, as legal and/or background materials for project and non-project matters.
- Take dictation and transcribes; schedules and coordinates appointments; performs telephone reception duties and takes messages; performs mission travel arrangements; etc.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, commerce, management, accounting or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.