Deadline: 10 June 2022
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Legal Protection Specialist in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 12 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Legal Protection Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Develop and review existing information materials regarding legal services, civil documentation, residency, Housing, Land and Property (HLP), Decent Work Conditions (DWC), and other relevant legal issues to DRC’s legal aid program;
- Produce, roll-out and adapt technical products based on identified needs, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and technical guidance notes.
- In collaboration with the Protection Manager, make recommendations for the strategic direction and design of DRC’s legal aid program and drive innovative approaches to legal aid programing in Lebanon;
- Feed into the Protection Strategy and proposal development by providing legal context analysis, prioritization of legal needs and identifying appropriate interventions in line with community consultations;
- Roll-out trainings and provide on-the-job coaching for all DRC program teams to improve the quality of DRC’s legal aid program;
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Law.
- Minimum 3 years of proven professional legal experience in Lebanon, ideally specializing in services provided to vulnerable clients and refugees;
- Excellent understanding of the national legal framework related to refugees and national legal framework and policies related to civil status, family law, criminal law, employment law and Housing Land and Property (HLP) law;
- Significant technical experience in Legal Aid Programming (including in the provision of legal representation, legal counseling, and legal awareness raising);
- Experience interacting with judicial, security and administrative authorities;
- Experience working in an international organization;
- Good understanding of humanitarian and do no harm principles;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct trainings on legal matters;
- Experience in coordination across agencies and sectors;
- Experience in internal and external representation;
- Fluency in Arabic and English
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.