Deadline: 21 August 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Liaison Officer in Baghdad, Iraq.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Liaison Officer will perform the following functions:
- Act as the focal point for the ICC project vis a vis partners and stakeholders.
- Support all project components and maintains dialogue with counterparts: UN agencies, NGO, stakeholders, partners and advise and report the Project Manager accordingly.
- Attend inter-agency meetings, working groups and tasks forces and report to the PM. Identify potential risk/issues, assist in troubleshooting.
- Build and/or enhance relationships with key stakeholders, UN agencies/funds/programmes, and/or programme beneficiaries to disseminate information.
- Correct and timely sharing of information between stakeholders.
- Contribute to the analysis, mapping and identification of potential opportunities with partners such as UN, governments, foundations, NGOs, academia, think tanks and private sector.
- Provide support in the implementation of IIC Communication and Advocacy strategy.
- Develop and prepare materials (e.g. factsheets, brochures, presentations about IIC) for meetings, briefings and other events.
- Support finding valuable stories of beneficiaries during the whole cycle of the project. Assist in achieving optimum visibility for the project.
- Implement the Community Mobilisation Strategy and organize and conduct awareness activities among the community.
- Provide assistance to colleagues during formulation and contracting of project proposals.
- Support the preparation of field visits.
- Assist the team in drafting plans, reports, and related documents, as required.
- Prepares monthly reports on the status the project.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Project Manager.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in political science, international relations, international law or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- First degree, in combination with additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Excellent leadership, coordination, and information management skills.
- Strong background in data collection, analysis and presentation.
- Experience in producing high-quality reports.
- Detailed knowledge of the UN System and NGO humanitarian community.
- At ease making public presentations and liaising with external stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of current humanitarian issues.
- Strong experience in usage of Microsoft Office software package (MS Word, Excel especially).
- Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations, and Communicating with Communities.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.