Deadline: 12 January 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Assistant in Vientiane, Laos. The duration of this post is 6 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to ensure smooth and timely implementation of project activities in compliance with FAO administrative and financial rules and regulations.
- Maintain linkages with FAO administrative and programme support units as well as government counterparts, partners on administrative and financial matters as required in a timely manner.
- Compile, verify and process all related documents for payments and expenses of duty travels in-country, trainings, and workshops, as well as settlement of check advances in accordance with the FAO’s rules and regulations.
- Assist in the procurement processes for project goods, supplies, and services.
- Create vendor, process purchase requisitions and purchase orders for Goods and Services, Travel Authorization and Travel Expense Claims in the Global Resources Management System (GRMS).
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in business administration, public management, law, social sciences or other related fields of the organization.
- At least 3 year’s relevant work experience, preferably with international organizations including INGOs, bilateral or multi-lateral agencies, and with UN agencies is desirable.
- Basic working knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Lao.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.