Deadline: 16 July 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Officer Access to Justice and Criminal Justice in Dakar, Senegal . The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The National Project Officer Access to Justice and Criminal Justice will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical and logistical support for the implementation of the relevant programme activities.
- Assist member states in efforts to strengthen gender mainstreaming in national criminal justice systems.
- Maintain regular contact with national partners to support programme implementation, expansion and fundraising.
- Coordinate regular monitoring of implementing partner activities.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in law or equivalent in Political Science, criminology, international relations, human rights or other related academic background.
- Minimum 2 year’s of professional experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on projects in the field of gender and human rights of women is required.
- At least 1 year of experience in the area of legal aid is desirable.
- Experience in project coordination and implementation, including administrative and financial backstopping, monitoring, and programme delivery, is an asset.
- Knowledge of the interface between civil, criminal, informal and quasi justice will be a strong advantage.
- Relevant working experience in developing country context is an advantage.
- Work experience in Western Africa, particularly in Senegal, Sierra Leone and/or Liberia is desirable.
- Experience in inter-agency or inter organization collaboration an asset.
- Experience in organizing and facilitating of training for justice professionals and the development of related training materials would be an asset.
- Knowledge of international cooperation in criminal matters.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Knowledge of Portuguese is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.