Deadline: 12 August 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Officer – Safeguarding Children and Youths in Bertoua, Cameroon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Program Officer – Safeguarding Children and Youths will perform the following functions-
- Ensure that Plan International is a child and youth safe organization
- Undertake clear and strong advocacy on the SCYPP at the field office acting as an ambassador and role model for SCYPP implementation at all times benefiting from internal platforms and events such as staff meetings, inductions etc…
- Provide high quality and accessible advice, support and guidance to PIIA and staff ensuring that adequate SCYPP measures are integrated into office operations, processes and programmes as outlined in the 11 Safeguarding implementation standards and other core SCYPP documents.
- Collaborate with and provide advice to key teams and/or departments within the offices to ensure that risk identification/assessment and management strategies of all processes, procedures and activities includes assessment of CP risks and appropriate mitigating actions are developed.
- Deliver mandatory SCYPP briefings, refresher training (each 6 month), inductions and/or workshops to staff, associates, children and communities ensuring all are aware of what the SCYPP means for them where possible.
- Share the annual safeguarding implementation standards self-assessment and incident reporting with the Child protection program lead as per agreed timelines.
- Follow up with Safeguarding Focal Points, the Implementation of the SCYPP action plan and clearly outline gaps in implementation and how these can be addressed.
- Ensure newly recruited staff completed the Plan Academy safeguarding introductory online course based on staff categories and number (staff, interns, partners, associates, or volunteers).
- Support the development of SCYPP communication materials and disseminated among Plan office, partners, associates and communities.
- Ensure integration of safeguarding and CP measures in each project activity:
- Support the thematic leaders for designing and gender sensitive concept notes across the project proposal and activities according to Plan’s Gender Transformative Programming and Influencing guidelines.
- Conduct regular field visits with different project managers to ensure integration of child protection in each project activity.
- Work with M&E for monitoring the child protection projects to ensure implementations comply with minimum requirements.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Social Sciences or other related fields.
- High level of written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability of mentoring, coaching and training on Child Protection related topics.
- Ability to conduct Child Protection risks assessment.
- Past experience working on safeguarding and/or child protection standards.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic languages.
- Good skills in spread sheet and word processing computer application.
- Good skills in computer information and communication.
- Excellent skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- Ability to document progress and trend reports.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.