Deadline: 31 December 2016
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Coordinator in Beni, DR Congo.
The Programme Coordinator will oversee effective project management, and will ensure coordination and synergy across projects, contributing to maximizing the overall impact of DRC’s work in Congo.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Oversee effective implementation, planning, monitoring and reporting of all current project activities in DR Congo.
- Ensure coordination, synergy and cross-project learning across DR Congo projects, drawing effectively learning and technical expertise from across the organization.
- Lead the development of new programming initiatives – including leading on fundraising and identification of partners.
- Provide quality control and support for strong monitoring and evaluation across the DR Congo programme.
- Represent DRC in Beni and act as Head of Office.
- Ensure communication to beneficiaries on protection issues and that beneficiary feedback mechanisms are in place.
- Ensure staff trainings and refresher sessions to maintain a high standard of capacity among the protection field teams.
- Ensure that all budgets accurately reflect program activities.
- Develop and write new proposals.
- Support development and implementation of protection strategies in the program and their implementation in accordance with DRC mandate.
- In coordination with the Country Director, contribute to new program designs and proposals.
Applicants must have-
- Relevant educational background (sociology, social work, psychology, law, human rights).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in protection programming in an INGO or UN agency, as well as experience with other types of livelihoods and/or emergency programming.
- Proven experience in program management and project design with good knowledge of donors including EU,UNHCR, ECHO, SDC is an advantage.
- Demonstrated capacities in management, leadership, communication, coordination and in working with a multicultural staff.
- Experience as Head of office with oversight of financial management, administration, human resource development and logistics.
- Experience in difficult and volatile environment and experience in safety/security management.
- Ability to motivate and guide staff working in a complex conflict environment,
- Experience from an African context.
- Previous experience from North Kivu/eastern DR Congo is an advantage.
- Familiarity with Project Cycle Management within the context of IDP assistance and protection issues.
- Demonstrated record in collaborating, networking and negotiating with authorities, UN agencies, donors and other NGOs.
- Experience in developing and implementing fundraising strategies.
- Excellent and proven writing skills (reporting, proposal writing etc.).
- Good analytical, negotiation, advocacy and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing and insecure environment.
- Fluency in spoken and written French.
- Professional proficiency in English is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.