Deadline: 27 July 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist – Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Specialist – Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) will perform the following functions-
- Formulate FAO-wide policies and procedures in alignment with FAO’s organizational strategy, the practical realities of operating in the field, UN Reform, FAO’s work environment, and the public environment with the safety and dignity of those we serve at the core of all the work.
- Translate FAO-wide policies into regional and country level practices, guidance and implementation modalities and operations, with a clear and strong connection between HQ, field operations and those we serve.
- Provide advice and support to country and regional offices, and others as requested on issues regarding the mandate.
- Provide guidance in support of operational strategies to support PSEA.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive implementation of the FAO PSEA Action Plan.
- Support, including leading (as appropriate), interagency, bilateral and UN-wide initiatives on PSEA.
- Lead the work in support of PSEA Focal Points in regional and country Offices.
- Respond to queries and prepare reports to Management, Governing bodies, etc. for review.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (consultant) / University Degree (only for PSA) in political science, law, public administration, communication or other relevant area.
- 8 year’s of relevant experience in Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP), Safeguarding, Child Protection, Gender-based violence/Victim assistance.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills, as well as conceptual thinking.
- Proven project management skills.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.