Deadline: 10 June 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant in Jalalabad, Afghanistan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Protection Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Ensure community mobilization as necessary for different activities such as establishing community protection committees, meetings and focus group discussions, events, etc.
- Information dissemination – outreach workers will serve as main channel of communication and information sharing between DRC-DDG and the IDP/returnee population, ensuring that all IDPs/returnees, regardless of literacy and language skills, can access information and services.
- Refer individual cases for assistance to service providers in the POC or to the Protection Officers for their follow-up or action on the respective cases
- Record all the cases received in the CICs on the intake form and share it with the Protection Officers on a weekly basis.
- Visit IDP households to identify persons with specific needs (PSNs) or to follow-up on identified PSNs under the supervision of the Protection Officers.
- Support the Protection Officers in the follow-up with the relevant partners on individual cases which have been referred as needed.
- Contribute to the elaboration of work plans and ensure to implement program activities accordingly.
Support the Protection Officers in the organization of trainings and workshops for the IDP population and relevant stakeholders on IDP rights, responsibilities and other protection-related material.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Law or relevant course – protection related course with community mobilization will be considered.
- Understanding of the basic principles of humanitarian work, human rights, protection, and the needs of internally displaced persons and refugees in Afghanistan.
- At least 1-2 year’s of work experiences in legal counseling or other activities related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Demonstrated experience in providing legal counseling to clients.
- Work experience with Afghanistan’s laws and/or Afghanistan judicial system.
- Experience with informal justice systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of and experience working withIDPs/refugees in Afghanistan.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in counseling on issues related to civil documentation, family law, housing/land/property rights, GBV.
- Good knowledge of English, fluency in Pashto and good knowledge of Dari
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.