Deadline: 7 June 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Coordinator in Zahle, Lebanon.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Ensure and oversee the overall implementation of NRC’s protection policy at area level.
- Train NRC’s programme and support staff on the NRC’s protection policy and mainstreaming tools.
- Provide support to programme staff on integrating protection at all stages of PCM, ensuring that protection risks are assessed at project design stage and that measures are included to reduce/mitigate risks.
- Review and analyse project data to identify protection trends, reporting, referral (as appropriate), and response.
- Represent NRC at area level in protection working group meetings in coordination with ICLA Project Manager and/or Coordinator, child protection meetings, and gender-based violence sub-groups.
- Ensure continuous updates on local and national news are monitored, assessed and briefed to NRC staff whenever relevant or applicable.
- Contribute to the design of NRC Lebanon’s accountability framework, ensuring effective beneficiary complaints and feedback mechanisms are implemented and followed up, in close coordination with the Accountability and M&E Coordinators.
- Review NRC’s data management systems to ensure that confidentiality and privacy of sensitive information is assured.
Applicants must have:
- 3 to 5 year’s of experience in a similar/related field.
- Relevant Degree in Law, Social Studies, or Education.
- Experience from working as a senior protection staff in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Extensive experience in training and knowledge transfer.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.