Deadline: 7 June 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Coordinator in Zahle, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Protection Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Ensure and oversee the overall implementation of NRC’s protection policy at area level.
- Train NRC’s programme and support staff on the NRC’s protection policy and mainstreaming tools.
- Provide support to programme staff on integrating protection at all stages of PCM, ensuring that protection risks are assessed at project design stage and that measures are included to reduce/mitigate risks.
- Review and analyse project data to identify protection trends, reporting, referral (as appropriate), and response.
- Represent NRC at area level in protection working group meetings in coordination with ICLA Project Manager and/or Coordinator, child protection meetings, and gender-based violence sub-groups.
- Ensure continuous updates on local and national news are monitored, assessed and briefed to NRC staff whenever relevant or applicable.
- Contribute to the design of NRC Lebanon’s accountability framework, ensuring effective beneficiary complaints and feedback mechanisms are implemented and followed up, in close coordination with the Accountability and M&E Coordinators.
- Review NRC’s data management systems to ensure that confidentiality and privacy of sensitive information is assured.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- 3 to 5 year’s of experience in a similar/related field.
- Relevant Degree in Law, Social Studies, or Education.
- Experience from working as a senior protection staff in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Extensive experience in training and knowledge transfer.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.