Deadline: 15 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Officer in Kabul, Afghanistan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Protection Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide high quality case management.
- Maintain a robust case referral database and ensure regularly shared with the Protection Specialist and the Protection Coordinator.
- Focal point for both Protection field assistant and community for referrals ensures follow up in a timely manner and updates the supervisor accordingly.
- Conduct Focus Group discussions with the communities, youth and elders respecting the principles of confidentiality, do no harm, and protection principles.
- Conduct capacity development seminars on Protection and Human Rights to different target groups in the POCs main focus on committees.
- Build a good working relationship with all humanitarian actors, community leaders and IDPs in the POCs.
- Conduct continuous advocacy on protection issues among the different communities.
- Contribute to the overall protection analysis in Malakal site.
- Support the management with conducting assessments in the PoC and supports the manager in outside assessments for advocacy purposes.
- Support the Protection Team Leader in outreach components.
- Any other tasks delegated by the Supervisor.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Law, human rights, social science or relevant field.
- Understanding of the basic principles of humanitarian work, human rights, protection, and the needs of internally displaced persons and refugees in Afghanistan.
- Interest in humanitarian work and human rights, ability and willingness to learn.
- Ability to clearly express one’s thoughts, to analyze and present information clearly and concisely.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- At least 2-3 year’s of work experiences in legal counseling or other activities related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Demonstrated experience in providing legal counseling to clients.
- Work experience with Afghanistan’s laws and/or Afghanistan judicial system.
- Experience with informal justice systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of and experience working with IDPs/refugees in Afghanistan.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in counseling on issues related to civil documentation, family law, housing/land/property rights, GBV.
- Good knowledge of English, fluency in Pashto and good knowledge of Dari.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.