Deadline: 11 June 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Officer (Legal ) in Kunar Province, Afghanistan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Protection Officer (Legal ) will perform the following functions:
- Provide legal counselling/advice to the project beneficiaries and targeted communities in Jalalabad settlements and areas of high return and/or at the urban Hub (community center).
- Conduct regular rule of law and informal justice monitoring to identify protection and legal concerns.
- Conduct legal counseling services as part of protection case management.
- Ensure that cases lodged at community level are tracked to the Office of the Public Prosecutor as part of case tracking.
- Formulate relevant databases on detention and informal court monitoring.
- Mobilize the IDP and host communities and facilitate awareness raising activities with other DRC sector teams as well as partner organizations, disseminating information about legal services available in the camps and host community.
- Record beneficiaries with legal needs and refer them to the appropriate service providers and legal institutions/instances.
- Ensure clients referred are documented in the referral recording book on a daily basis and follow up with the clients to ensure a meaningful access to services.
- Assist the Protection Team Leader with designing training modules and tools on topics such as rule of law, human rights and basic protection principles for Community Protection Committees and other community structures.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Law and a valid license to practice law.
- Understanding of the basic principles of humanitarian work, human rights, protection, and the needs of internally displaced persons and refugees in Afghanistan.
- At least 2-3 year’s of work experiences in legal counseling or other activities related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Demonstrated experience in providing legal counseling to clients.
- Work experience with Afghanistan’s laws and/or Afghanistan judicial system.
- Experience with informal justice systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of and experience working with IDPs/refugees in Afghanistan.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in counseling on issues related to civil documentation, family law, housing/land/property rights, GBV.
- Good knowledge of English, fluency in Pashto and good knowledge of Dari.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.