Deadline: 24 July 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Officer – PSS and Case Management Capacity Building in Bekaa, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 4 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Officer – PSS and Case Management Capacity Building will perform the following functions:
- Technical Support
- Support the development and management of partners and provide technical capacity building in line with DRC partnership and capacity building approaches and monitor its implementation against the agreed benchmarks.
- Case Management: (GBV and Child Protection)
- In accordance with the capacity building plan, provide on the job coaching and mentoring to partner staff on child protection and GBV case management, and other prevention and response activities, train partner case workers on CP and GBV case management in line with the interagency SOPs, National CPCM SOPs and DRC case management SOPs and provide technical guidance throughout the implementation of the project.
- Conduct Case audits and make sure that the Case Management files are aligned with national and international SOPs.
- PSS (Early Marriage and Child labor curricula)
- Provide technical guidance, trainings, on the job coaching and mentoring to the PSS team on child protection and GBV minimum standards, principles of psychosoial support, PSS toolkits, approaches and curricula for caregivers, adolescents and children, including DRC integrated approach ”Empowering Adolescent Program”.
- Track capacity building needs of partner PSS team and prepare capacity building plans as needed and relevant.
- Provide technical guidance on community-based protection, planning, social behavioral change and community led initiatives and identification and referral.
Applicants must have:
- Experience in providing on the job coaching, mentoring and capacity building to staff and working in partnerships is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s in law, Social work, Psychology, women studies, gender studies, counseling.
- Master’s Degree in gender studies, social work and/or psychology or other related field.
- Minimum 2 year’s of experience in international organizations and humanitarian settings, specifically in Child Protection and GBV case management, PSS and/or CP-GBV sectors.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Child protection and GBV minimum requirements and case management.
- Trained on national case management SOP and excellent knowledge of its tools.
- Excellent knowledge of psychosocial support basic principles and PSS key messages to vulnerable children and caregivers.
- Excellent knowledge and skills of community based PSS implementation and capacity building to partners.
- Good knowledge of child and adult development and learning.
- Excellent knowledge of basic facilitation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of safe identification and referral principles.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of client at all times.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.